Monday, June 3, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.20 & 4.21

Team Adam

Amber
Song #1: I really liked this performance. I love that she is so versatile and doesn't always have to sing the country songs. Last week Adele, this week Skid Row.

Song #2: I am not crazy about this old song choice. Vocally, it was a masterpiece, and her last note was beautiful, but not my style at all, so it was actually pretty painful for me to listen to.

Team Blake

Holly
Song #1: I didn't really care for this song at all. It's really "country". Most of it was sung way too low. I don't think that's where her sweet spot is. I think she did a decent job singing it, but it wasn't my favorite.

Song #2: I don't care for this song that much. The phrasing and repetitive notes at the beginning were just weird. The end was better than the beginning, but I'm not so sure about it.

Danielle
Song #1: Classic Danielle. All-around good performance.

Song #2: Another really good one. Even though it's country, I still enjoy her performances. Her last big notes were really amazing! It just proves what an amazing voice she really has.

The Swon Brothers
Song #1: Nothing new and exciting on this song, just another solid performance of what they do best. I don't think it was the best performance they've given though.

Song #2: You can't get much more country than this song. It's a good thing they are good performers, and have a fun charm about them, or I probably would have hated this.

Team Shakira

Sasha
Song #1: Slow, boring, old-fashioned and most likely her ticket out of the competition. Vocally it was really good as always, and she sang the heck out of it at the end, but it's not going to get people to vote for her.

Song #2: It must be country night, or just an attempt to try to steal some of the country votes from the 4 country acts, because the one person furthest from country is singing a Carrie Underwood song. Very interesting take on this song, and quite an interesting dominatrix-esque type outfit she was wearing. Overall, I liked this performance. It was much better than the first. I don't know if it will be enough to save her tomorrow though. Or...I could be wrong, judging by how loud the audience went nuts.

Team Usher

Michelle
Song #1: I love this song: Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know". This is kind of a different song for her. It started kind of slow (like usual), but she really got into it, and it ended up being a really good performance (like usual). I don't think it was as good as her Pink songs, or her Bruno Mars song last week, though.

Song #2: Michelle gets a surprise visit from Taylor Swift, since she is singing her song this week. Anyone who knows me, knows my dislike of Taylor Swift. Michelle should be giving singing lessons to Taylor, and she proved that she can sing better live than Taylor could ever dream of. Taylor: take some notes...and some vocal lessons...please and thank you.


The Results:

Going Home: Holly (Team Blake)

No comments: