Thursday, February 28, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.14

10 more guys perform, 5 more go home

Mathenee
There's something about this guy that I really like. The song choice might not have been quite right, but I think he did a good job with it. He's definitely an energetic performer. Hus high falsetto is ridiculous!

Gurpreet
You just never know what to expect from the Turbinator. He always surprises me, and somehow I always forget how good he is. I didn't care for the song at all, but dude can sing. He's definitely unique, that's for sure.

Vincent
What is with all of the old-fashioned music? Seriously, people...something within the last decade please! This was just painful.And what's with copying Randy Jackson's glasses? The song was so bad it was hard to listen to his vocals. I guess he sounded good, but I don't care for him at all. I guess it was good because all the judges gave him a standing ovation.

Nick
I've always really liked him. I hope he can make it this year! I think he did a really good job with it. A little on the boring side, though. Fingers crossed!

Josh
I'm so surprised all these people are picking unrecognizable songs. I know a lot of music, but these songs are stumping me. I think Josh has some potential, but I don't know if he's good enough right now. I kind of like him though, but I don't think they're going to pick him. And there's the answer...original song! That explains it. Kind of a big risk.

David
Again with an old song! Come on guys! At least he did something fun with the song. I actually really enjoyed it. You see people...if you're gonna pick an old song like that, you GOT to do something interesting with it! Best of the night by far.

Bryant
He has a very surprisingly good voice. But...another old song! Ugh! This is what happens when you let them pick their own songs without any guidelines. This was so slow and boring...nearly put me to sleep. He has a very good voice, but man was it dull.

Burnell
I have no idea what song this is. He definitely has a unique voice, nobody sounds like him. I still can't decide if I like it/him yet. On the fence.

Lazaro
Oh, I love this guy so much. I'm so happy for him that he's made it this far...he's so deserving. He's just so gosh darn cute! It shocks me every time I hear him sing. You just don't expect it to sound as good as it does, and his deep tone...wow! He always starts a little timid and shaking, but by the end, he has so much emotion and strength in his voice. That guy can bring me to tears every time! There's no way that you can't root for him.

Cortez
Finally a current song! Thank you! It started out pretty slow, but he definitely got more into it as it went along. That last note was crazy!

Results: No=Going Home, Yes=Moving On

David=NO
Bryant=NO
Vincent=YES
Mathanee=NO
Lazaro=YES
Cortez=YES
Josh=NO
Burnell=YES
Gurpreet=NO
Nick=YES

No comments: