Wednesday, February 20, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.11

10 of the Top 20 Girls perform, 5 will go home

Jenny Beth-not impressed, lots of off-key notes

Tenna-good song choice (one of my all-time favorites-"Soulmate" by Natasha Bedingfield), but it was way too slow and boring; did not think it was as good as the judges did

Adriana-yucky song choice, ugh! I guess she sang it fine, but hated the song

Brandy-another country girl, another bad country song, she's flat and boring

Shubha-plays piano and does Lady Gaga-a  little slow and awkward at the beginning, but she's been a stand-out for me from the beginning; I think she did a really good job and it was nice to see someone liven things up; I do agree with the judges that the runs were out of control

Kamaria-not the right song, don't like the way the sounds come out of her mouth...kind of sounds a little like a mush mouth; not great vocally

Kree-another country girl, another slow and boring country song; at least her vocals were better than some of the others, and rightly so...she's been featured a lot in these early rounds

Angela-love this girl...by far my favorite girl

Isabelle-another horrible old-fashioned song choice...people will never learn; she sang it well, but still not really that impressed

Amber-one of my all-time hated songs: My Funny Valentine, ugh! She sang it very well (actually, she kind of killed it...probably one of the best of the night), but, boy do I hate that song!

Results: No=Going Home, Yes=Moving On

Jenny: No
Brandy: No
Tenna: Yes
Kree: Yes
Isabelle: No
Angela: Yes
Kamaria: No
Amber: Yes
Adriana: Yes
Shubha: No

Shubha is the only one they got wrong tonight...she should have gone through.

No comments: