Thursday, February 21, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.12

10 of the Top 20 Guys perform, 5 will go home

Paul Jolley-I've loved him from the beginning. He started a little off and not as good as he has been in the past. I don't think it was the right song for him.

Johnny Keyser-I've loved him since last season when I thought he should have made it further than he did. He picked a great song, but I don't know if it was the best one for him (and what's up with his little kid hairdo...he looks like he's 5). It got much better when he got to the chorus. The further into the song he got, the better he got.

JDA-sorry but he/she scares me...not my cup o' tea. Unfortunately, the vocals are really good....just can't stand to look at him/her. Tons of drama and theatrics.

Kevin Harris-aka "Butter"; Is it just me or does this guy look 40. He has a decent voice, but it's not outstanding...very forgettable.

Chris Watson-Never been a fan of this guy. I absolutely hate the hair and the bandanna. The vocal was OK, nothing to get excited about.

Devin-His deep voice always surprises me. Best vocal of the night so far.

Elijah-He has a surprisingly high voice, but his falsetto was pretty shaky. I don't care for his attitude, but his voice is pretty good.

Charlie Askew-I don't know why, but I can't get enough of this kid. Normally kids like this drive me nuts, but for some reason I like him. Not a stellar vocal at the beginning, but about halfway through he starting feeling it. Loved the jumping and spinning around. Definitely not his best, I don't know if it was good enough to keep him around. Nicki loved it though.

Jimmy Smith-He started out pretty shaky. It was OK, but nothing outstanding. I've heard him do better.

Curtis Finch, Jr.-Hated the song choice. He's got a decent voice, but oh, that song was just awful.

Results: No=Going Home, Yes=Moving On

Curtis: Yes
Jimmy: No
Kevin: No
Elijah: Yes
Jda: No
Paul: Yes (via tie-breaker vote from Jimmy Iovine)
Chris: No
Charlie: Yes
Johnny: No
Devin: Yes

I am in shock...Johnny should not be going home. If any of the ones who made it through should be going home, it should be Charlie. I really expected them to say that they were both going through since Paul's vote was a tie-breaker. They've really liked Johnny this season, I just can't believe they are sending him home! I know he didn't sing perfectly tonight, but neither did Charlie. Well, maybe next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good article! We will be linking to this great article on our site.
Keep up the good writing.

My website - louis vuitton handbags outlet