Wednesday, February 27, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.13

10 more girls perform, and 5 more go home

Melinda
Pretty good. Not mind-blowing, but better than some of the girls from last week, that's for sure. She stayed in tune, and it was really nice.

Candice
Can we go just one season without hearing "Natural Woman"? Please? Ugh, I hate that song.Very boring, but she ends with a very big note.

Juliana
First girl to play a guitar. It looks way too big for her. She has a very different sound and style from the rest of the girls this season. She's not really country and she's not a big power ballad singer. It's really refreshing.

Jett
Wow, it took me more than half of the song to figure out what song she was singing. She was good, but kind of boring.

Christabel
More Alicia Keys (2nd one tonight). I don't really care for her scratchy voice when she tries to hit the high notes.

Aubrey
She has a really pretty voice. The song was slowed down too much, so it was kind of boring, but she sang it very well.

Rachel
Her voice comes out so differently than you would think just by looking at her. It's so deep, and you don't really expect the country twang. She was doing really good until the end. Boy did she miss some whoppers...those notes were really flat. The rest was so good, but I don't know what happened at the end.

Breanna
She is OK, but not quite sure what I think of her. She got better as the song went. Her last note was huge!

Janelle
That girl has so much twang...way too much for my taste. She sings nice enough, but she just doesn't cut it for me.

Zoanette
It's no secret that I don't think she belongs here...at all. Even her talking with that lisp just annoys me. I just don't think she's taking this very seriously. I don't know if she's just a joke or what. I just know that she is NOT the amazingly talented, unique creature that all the judges make her out to be. Guaranteed she is going to be the singer who doesn't go away this season. I will say that tonight was probably her best performance, but it was enough for me to know for sure now that I don't ever need to see/hear her again.

Results: No=Going Home, Yes=Moving On

Zoanette=Yes
Melinda=No
Juliana=No
Aubrey=Yes
Christabel=No
Candice=Yes
Jett=No
Breanna=Yes
Janelle=Yes
Rachel=No

So disgusted that Zoanette is moving on. I can easily say that ANY of the 5 going home were better and should have stayed over her.

No comments: