Monday, November 28, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.18 & 11.19

Live Playoffs: Top 10

Team Adam

Billy - "Anyway" by Martina McBride
You know I'm not much for country, but this was excellent. This is the kind of country that I can get into. This is a really pretty song. Adam is right - he can pretty much sing anything, and any genre. His big notes were so huge. I love when he holds those notes out for what seems like forever. So beautiful - and so incredibly on-pitch. He is always right on the note, so perfectly.
My Grade: A+

Josh - "Real Good Man" by Tim McGraw
We go from Billy's version of country - which I love, to Josh's version of country - which I can't stand. 2 complete opposites. I was so bored by this because it is just not my thing. He's a dime a dozen. There's always someone like him every season. Just ho hum. His vocals are good, though.
My Grade: A-

Brendan - "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper
Ooh, I like this song choice for him. I love that he slowed it down. This is really the type of thing he needs to be doing. Unfortunately, the performance was drowned out with saxophone (one of my pet peeves - not my favorite instrument). I loved seeing him vulnerable and stripped down like this. He's great with the guitar, but this was a nice change of pace. This was an absolutely beautiful performance. I also loved his little break, where he smiled. So cute.
My Grade: A+

Team Alicia

Christian - "Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga
I absolutely love this song. I hope he can do justice because Lady Gaga is absolutely vocal perfection on this song. His voice sounds great, but the background vocalist harmonizing with him is kind of distracting. I would rather just hear him.

- "God Bless the Child" by Billie Holiday
Do NOT care for this song - at all! Yuck! Not my favorite performance, by any means. Vocally, still great, but the song stinks. That last high note was pretty incredible. What a range she has.
My Grade: A

Team Blake

Courtney - "If I Could Turn Back Time by Cher
She started out really out of tune. Parts of this were good, but something just seemed off. I don't know if it's just me, but there seemed to be so many notes that just didn't land in the right spot. She was out of breath in weird spots. I wanted to like this, but it just didn't quite do it for me. Her performance was good and she moved around the stage well, but her singing just wasn't up to the level it needed to be to be a really great and powerful performance.
My Grade: C-

Austin - "Missing You" by John Waite
This is an interesting song choice. I really enjoyed this a lot! It's nice to hear him branch out a little bit. His voice sounds really great in this style and on this song especially.
My Grade: A+

Sundance - "Me and Jesus" by Tom Hall
A little bit too twangy, but this was actually kind of fun. This was a great song for his voice. Wow, he was really having a hoe down at the end. I thought he might pass out! That was so fast!
My Grade: A

Team Miley

Aaron - "Rocket Man" by Elton John
I really hope this keeps him out of the bottom. 2 weeks in a row is not good, and if he ends up there again, he will probably go home. Miley is really smart. I thought what they did last week should have worked. I loved it. This week she noticed that his performance songs are kind of dark and his "save me" songs are more upbeat and those are getting him through. She's very smart to pick up on that. This is a classic song that so many people know, and I love that he's getting a chance to do his own thing with it. I think he maybe needs to show a bit more personality when he sings. This song is a little more upbeat, but he still looks the same way he does on the darker songs. I think maybe people just aren't connecting with his very laid back personality. He also needs to work on his diction. His words tend to really slur together and it's very difficult to understand at times. But man, I do love his voice. I was hoping for a little better with this song. It was good, but I'm afraid he might find himself in the bottom again.
My Grade: B+

Ali - "Without You" by Harry Nilsson
This is a great song...but I only know Mariah's version. This is a great song for her big voice. I think she needs to do more songs like this. She really brought the house down to end the show. Such a strong voice. She was borderline screaming, but it was more just her natural voice than what some others might have done on the song. Incredible.
My Grade: A

Results

Bottom 3: Austin, Courtney, Aaron
No, no, no. Sorry Aaron, but I think I might have to go with the more consistent Austin on this one. The voting window looks really, really close between Austin and Aaron. It keeps going back and forth between 39% and 40% for each of them.

Instant Save: Aaron! Wow, 3 weeks in a row! That's incredible.

Going Home: Austin (Team Blake), Courtney (Team Blake)



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: