Monday, November 21, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.16 & 11.17

Top 11


Team Adam

Josh - "Drunk on Your Love" by Brett Eldridge
He is starting to get really mediocre in my opinion. I don't feel like his voice has sounded all that great the last few weeks. He sounds like any old male country singer on the radio. Which I guess is what they're going for, but it's just so "meh" to be and sound like everyone else.
My Grade: B-

Billy - "All I Ask" by Adele
Not my favorite Adele song, but there isn't anything that he can't sing and sound amazing on. If you can sing Adele well, you can sing anything. He showed so much emotion and vulnerability. Very nice.
My Grade: A

Brendan - "The River" by Bruce Springsteen
I didn't care as much for his performance last week, but now he's back to doing the kinds of songs I like him doing.

Team Alicia

Christian - "Rosanna" by Toto
It's nice to see people branching out with songs we don't hear all the time on this show every season. I actually like this song for him. Very solid performance. I would have liked him to maybe make it more his own and modernize it a little more, but it was still good.
My Grade: A-

 - "Love on the Brain" by Rihanna
I am loving this song right now. It's very current. Again, there isn't anything this girl can't slay. Another epic performance.
My Grade: A

Team Blake

Sundance - "No One" by Alicia Keys
Now here is a very unexpected song choice. Again, it was a very clean performance. For the most part, it was a little on the boring side...until he got to the chorus at the end and he really took it up a notch! Wow, I really, really like how he made the ending his own. Very, very cool. And really beautiful...maybe better than the original?
My Grade: A

Courtney - "What I Did For Love" from Chorus Line
Not loving this song. Her notes are kind of all over the place. She ended it pretty well, though. Overall, it was pretty boring.
My Grade: B-

Austin - "Turn the Page"  by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullets
I'm growing to like him more and more every week. I'm not sure what it is about him. He makes every song sound like it's his. The end of the song was really impressive. He really rocked it out and gave it his all with that scream.
My Grade: A

Team Miley

Ali - "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton
What an interesting choice for her. I don't care for her outfit, but I like her on this song. I won't say that I was totally blown away, but it was a great performance, nonetheless. It might have been interesting to hear her change up the song a little bit.
My Grade: A-

Aaron - "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails
Yes, yes, yes! GREAT song choice! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is such an amazing song, and I think he is going to sound amazing on it. He kind of has the Johnny Cash rasp and gruffness (I mention it because Johnny Cash recorded a version of this song as well). I like seeing this kind of softer side of him, but yet there's that rock edge still there. I'm going to have to vote this week because we can't have someone who can perform like this in the bottom 2 again. He did such a great job with this song. This is the Aaron from his blind audition that I've been missing the past couple of weeks. This was so haunting and emotional = lots of goosebumps. <3
My Grade: A+

Darby - "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore
OK, didn't realize this song was "old" and "vintagy"...didn't know that Grace wasn't the original artist. I knew it had a throwback feel, but didn't realize it was a cover. Probably the best song that Darby has done so far. For once, her quirky voice actually doesn't annoy me. It really works on this song. I absolutely hate her outfit again. Who does she think she is, Joseph with his technicolor dreamcoat? It was a bit shrill and screechy at the end again, but I enjoyed this a lot better than most of her performances.
My Grade: B


Results

Bottom 2: Darby (Team Miley), Aaron (Team Miley)
Noooo! Not again! Aaron should not be in the bottom. He did so amazing last night. Can he get the instant save again? Not so sure. Fingers crossed! Does any of this have to do with Miley? Pretty interesting that she has 2 in the bottom.

Darby sang Elton John's "Your Song". I couldn't understand a word she was singing. It was OK, and pretty on par with what she has done up to this point. Meanwhile, Aaron did "Budapest" - which is absolutely perfect for his voice and I never realized how much he sounds like George Ezra, who originally did this song a year or so ago. Like, he really, really sounds like the original. I sure hope this is enough to keep him around. But, with 2 times in the bottom 2 in a row, things are looking good for him even if he stays. I'm not sure why he's not connecting with the voters.

Instant Save: Aaron! Woohoo!

Going Home: Darby! Woohoo!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: