Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.12

The Knockouts wrap up...

Team Adam

Brandan Fletcher vs. Nolan Neal

Brandon - "Soulshine" by Allman Brothers
I really like this guy. He has such a great, husky voice.

Nolan - "Love is Your Name" by Steven Tyler

This was an OK performance, but I wasn't really blown away.

My Pick: Brandon
Winner: Brandon (woohoo! I'm finally right! I really thought he was going to go with Nolan because he was so glad he came back after last year and said he could win)


Team Alicia

Michael Sanchez vs. Sa'Rayah

Michael - "Just the Two of Us" by Bill Withers
Definitely would not have picked this song, but it does let him show off his piano skills. He really rocks it out on those keys. I don't know if this was his best vocal performance that we've seen, but it was definitely the loudest one.

Sa'Rayah - "Ain't Nobody" by Chaka Khan
What an atrocious song choice. Yuck! I really can't handle this. I'm going to have to fast forward pretty soon, it's just painful. She might have a good voice, but song choices like this make me question her taste and what direction she would want to take her own music. If it's in this direction, then, no thanks.

My Pick: Michael
Winner: Sa'Rayah (of course, there was no way Alicia wasn't going to keep her...and we lost ANOTHER good one)

Team Blake

Austin Allsup vs. Gabe Broussard

Austin - "Breakdown" by Tom Petty
I really like this guy. Another great performance. Not much to say, other than it was really good.

Gabe - "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars
I really like this song for him. He is such a talented kid. I love his voice. He really felt this song and gave an amazing performance. Love him! Blake would be stupid to not pick him...but he's not country and Austin is, so we can see how this is probably going to go. Plus, Blake met Austin 10 years ago and he's just been really connected to him. There better be a steal if that happens.

My Pick: Gabe
Winner: Austin (and of course...I was wrong, except, I was right...and NO STEAL?! boo!)

Dana Harper vs. Karlee Metzger

Dana - "You Give Me Something" by James Morrison
Great song choice, that we don't hear too often...nice! Very smooth performance. It's not a flashy song, but what she did with it showed off her amazing voice.

Karlee - "Invincible" by Kelly Clarkson
I'm having a hard time understanding her words for some reason. Ooh, that was a very pitchy high note. I really wanted to like this performance, but she really kind of fell apart. Yikes.

My Pick: Dana
Winner: Dana

Team Miley

Darby Walker vs. Maye Thomas

Darby - "Shake it Out" by Florence and the Machine
Of course, she would sing this awful song...it's right up her alley. I haven't really been a fan of her up to this point, and this certainly doesn't help. And I hate her taste in clothes.

Maye - "Closer" by Tegan & Sara
She's definitely not my favorite, but this was a pretty good performance.

My Pick: Maye
Winner: Darby (of course)

Aaron Gibson vs. Josh Halverson
Noooo! Don't put these 2 against each other! Are you kidding me?! We're going to lose one of them?! Alicia better use her last steal on whoever doesn't get picked. It looks like this is the last pairing, so we might just get lucky.

Josh - "Whiskey and You" by Tim McGraw
It always takes him a few bars to get into the song. It always starts so slow and you can't tell if he's singing or just whispering. But when he gets into it and gets to the chorus, I really love his voice. There's just something so haunting about the way he sings.

Aaron - "Die a Happy Man" by Thomas Rhett
Aaron might just be my favorite singer in the competition right now. That means he's probably doomed because I've lost every other good singer I like so far, it seems. He is just so amazing, I can't even stand it. Love his voice. He's kind of got the same raspiness that Brandon has. So sexy. And he plays guitar, so I'm already a sucker. He just makes it all look so easy.

My Pick: Aaron
Winner: Aaron (woohoo!)
Steal: Alicia


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: