Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 10.24 & 10.25: Finale

Laith Al-Saadi (Team Adam)

"White Room" by Cream
Epic song choice. I actually really like this song for him. If he would stick with the classic rock, I think he could really have something there. And his guitar playing suited the song perfectly.
My Grade: A-

"Morning Light" by Laith Al-Saadi (original)
Pretty good original, but it sounds like a lot of other bluesy songs.
My Grade: B-

Duet w/ Adam: Beatles' "Abbey Road" Medley
Did not care for this music at all! Blech!
My Grade: C

Adam Wakefield (Team Blake)

"When I Call Your Name" by Vince Gill
Definitely didn't love this song choice. Way too country for me. It would have been better with just the piano and not that dumb steel guitar.
My Grade: B+

"Lonesome, Broken, And Blue" by Adam Wakefield (original)
This was just OK. Not really that impressed.
My Grade: B+

Duet w/ Blake: "The Conversation" by Waylon Jennings and Hank Williams, Jr.
Didn't really care for the song choice, and the song seemed way too long.
My Grade: C

Alisan Porter (Team Christina)

"Somewhere" from West Side Story
I love Alisan, but this was kind of a snoozer at the beginning. Not a great song choice to end the show by any means. She sang it well enough, but geez...who picked these songs this week?!
My Grade: B

"Down That Road" by Alisan Porter (original)
I'm not sure what she's wearing, but the song was beautiful and so moving. I could hear this song on the radio. It's so well done. You could tell this song was her heart and soul.
My Grade: A+

Duet w/ Christina: "You've Got a Friend" by Carole King
Another really crummy song choice. What is with these song choices? On the bright side, they sound nice together. But man, did I hate this song.
My Grade: B


Hannah Huston (Team Pharrell)

"Every Breath You Take" by The Police
This song already has a very dark feel because of the lyrics, but wow, she really did change this one up! It really worked and was pretty amazing! Her voice is just stellar.
My Grade: A

"I Call the Shots" by Hannah Huston (original)
She owned this song, for sure. I can't say that I loved it, but her vocals were on fire.
My Grade: B

Duet w/ Pharrell: "Brand New" by Pharrell Williams and Justin Timberlake
OK, just when I thought these song choices couldn't get any worse...they come out with this! Yuck!!!! Hated it! Absolutely atrocious.I couldn't even listen to the whole thing. I didn't even think their vocals were that great.
My Grade: D

FINAL RESULTS

4th Place: Laith (Team Adam)
3rd Place: Hannah (Team Pharrell)
2nd Place: Adam (Team Blake)
WINNER: ALISAN (Team Christina)!!!!!

I (and so many others) called it WAY early on. Alisan was the clear winner this season. I'm glad she pulled out the win. The female coach curse is officially broken! Congratulations to Christina on her first win!



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: