Wednesday, January 27, 2016

American Idol, Ep. 15.7

Hollywood Week Begins!

I'm going to apologize right now and just say that I'm rather exhausted, and I am not in the mood to try to keep track of all the individual singers and what groups they end up in, what songs everyone sings, etc. Sorry. I'll do my best to recap who stays and who goes, and maybe a few words to describe my impression of some notable performances.

Round 1: Lines of 10 - solo performance = 1/2 go home

Moving On
Jordan Sasser - pretty good, still love his personality
Dalton Rapattoni - this guy could be my favorite, I seriously love him to death!
Jaci Butler - did not like this performance at all it was way too over the top and fake

Jenn Blosil - still too squeaky and scratchy for me, sounds like it would be painful
Thomas Stringfellow - another good performance
Olivia Rox - pretty good, didn't hear much

Jessica Cabral - one of my favorite girls so far, she just SINGS and doesn't it beautifully
Sonika Vaid - she was an early favorite after her audition, but she might just not be dynamic enough to be interesting, pretty voice though

La'Porsha Renae - still not as impressed as the judges are, I don't like how she pronounces some of her words
Joseph Wicker (aka Ryan Gosling look-a-like) -- I think...we didn't get to see him, but he seemed pretty happy

Daniel Farmer - decent singer, but he's a dime a dozen
Manny Torres - another favorite, love this guy! And he picks really good songs

Lee Jean - he has such a nice and easy way about him
Shelbie Z - good, but I've seen better

Jeneve Rose Mitchell - really wish she wouldn't have brought that dumb cello, still don't like her and I don't think she's a good singer at all; this competition is going to be way too much for her; and she was the only one to make it from her line? Seriously?!

Gianna Isabella - seriously talented, but she might have been a little flat
Tristan McIntosh - good voice, and some big, strong notes

Michelle Marie - OK voice, but her personality is going to get very annoying, very quickly

Trent Harmon - poor guy just got diagnosed with mono, but he killed it like a true champ, I like him, but he goes a little too over the top
Poh - she seemed like she wasn't taking the song seriously, not impressed
Emily Brooke - I like her, and she kind of reminds me of Emily Ann Roberts from this past season of The Voice

Notable Cuts
Melanie Tierce - another great performance, might not be a one-trick pony
...and she didn't make it????!!! What?! The judges were moved to tears in her audition and she did nothing wrong in this performance. I am shocked! I really thought if anyone from her line, it would have been Sonika not to make it.

Harrison Cohen - a little to perky, but at least he gives an energetic performance, definitely not the best singer, but I kind of like him
...not really surprised he didn't make it

Melany Huber - she still impresses me
...wait, what?! OMG! She has such a good voice, I can't believe she didn't make it!!!

Kyrsti Jewel - way too over the top, and the song was terrible and it was just painful and too loud

Kerry Courtney

Brook Sample

Usen Isong

Reanna Molinero

Ethan Kuntz

Jake Dillon - oh no!!!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: