Wednesday, January 6, 2016

American Idol, Ep. 15.1

Season 15: The Farewell Season! I can't believe it's all coming to an end after this season! I hope the talent is amazing and I hope the show goes out on a high note.

So let's start the party, and the first episode of remembering the awesome past seasons!

Back as our judges for the season are Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, and Harry Connick, Jr. I love this panel and I'm so glad they are back for the final season!

Auditions #1: Atlanta
Let the reunion begin! Making guest appearances as pre-screening judges: Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Kris Allen, Taylor Hicks, Lee DeWyze

Auditions #2: Denver

Going to Hollywood!


Michelle Marie, 15
"Blue" by LeeAnn Rimes
Her personality is a little fake and annoying, but surprisingly, she can actually sing! Her yodel was pretty spot on and I loved her vibrato.

Josiah Siska, 18
"Ghostriders" by Johnny Cash
This guy was previewed a few weeks ago, so I knew what to expect: one of the deepest voices you've ever heard! I don't necessarily dig a deep voice like that, but man, he can sing! I especially love Harry's accompaniment. It's reminicent of Scotty McCreary - doesn't look like he should sing like that! He could give Ari from Pentatonix and Tim from Home Free a run for their money in the deep voice department! I would love to see those three have a sing-off to see who can sing the lowest!

Lindita, 26
"It's a Man's Man's Man's World" by James Brown
Wow, she has got a voice! She dug deep and really belted the crap out of that song! The runs were a bit overdone (as often is the case with this song) - I like that the judges commented on that. Not a fan of the piano in the audition, but she can sing!

Lee Jean, 15
"I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran
I seriously love this song, and he did a great job! His a cappella at the beginning was spot on. I like his vibe with the guitar. Looks like we're going to have some talented youngin's again this season! He is so good! He seems like a great kid. Loved it! I didn't hear the pitch issues that Harry and Keith did.

Jeneve Rose Mitchell, 15
"Chainsaw" by The Band Perry
I think she might have a decent voice, but I don't care for her cello playing. It was really distracting and I don't think it sounded that good. She's very quirky and interesting, but I don't think that's for me. I'm really surprised they put her through. I think they did just because she's so different and original. I don't think she will be able to match up to the rest of the talent.  On a side note: she should be a Lehman's customer because she lives with no electricity!

Shevonne Philidor, 24
This is her 6th audition -- I don't really remember her at all. I don't think she's all that special. I'm not overly impressed.

Kory Wheeler, 27
"Benny and the Jets" by Elton John
Yes! I remember him! I was bummed when he got cut last time. He is so good!

Laurel Wright, 19
She's also tried out before, but I don't really remember her. She's good, but not memorable.

Jordan, 27 and Alex Sasser, 23 - husband and wife
Alex -- she didn't make it through
"Count on Me" by Bruno Mars
The ukelele was an odd choice, but it kind of worked. She's so positive and happy! Good voice, but it was really rushed.

Jordan -- he made it through
"It's All Coming Back" by Celine Dion
He's got a great personality and his voice is really strong. I really liked him. His voice is really interesting. Such a nice guy and what a cute family!

Sonika Vaid, 20
Very, very pretty, airy, angelic voice. Her voice is very clean and pure. Loved her! I didn't know the song, but she sounds like she could record the song herself - it was that good! They loved everything about her performance, and so did I.

Reanna Molinaro, 24
"Leave it on Your Mind" by Patsy Cline
She's a tough chick! She's a police officer! Anyone else think she looks A LOT like Jessica Meuse - right down to the hair and the earrings? I love that Keith helped her handcuff Harry - lol! And then he tried to play piano! Now, on to her singing - yep, she can sing! She's got it all going on!

Joseph Wicker, 25
"Stay" by Rihanna
Gotta love worship band leaders! Funny - I thought he looked a lot like Ryan Gosling, and that was the first thing the judges said! This might be my favorite audition so far! I love his tone! It was a great version of this song, which is one I love! He's got a little bit of Phillip Phillips' grit. He reminds me of someone else too, but I can't put my finger on who it is.

Kerry Courtney, 24
"Black Sun" by Death Cab for Cutie
Very dark, but I actually kind of liked it. Gotta say that I was a little bit creeped out by watching him though. That gross mustache and the way he kind of stared off into the distance was a little strange. It's interesting how his personality is totally different when he's singing - he was like in a whole other world while he was performing.

Shelbie Z, 23
"Last Name" by Carrie Underwood
She's about as country as you can get. Not really my cup o' tea with that over-the-top twang, but she can sing. She's got a lot of personality.
UPDATE: Yes! I knew it! I thought I remembered Shelbie from The Voice!

And I'm not even going to comment on the pointless, ridiculous "audition" by Kanye West...which, by the way, was the worst kept secret ever. They hid his face at first, as if they hadn't posted all over social media when it happened and we all already knew who it was going to be.

Noteworthy Singers Who Didn't Make the Cut

Billy Bob Evett, 25
Waylon Jennings
What an interesting character! He's got a huge personality - so funny! Voice was pretty good, not the best I've ever heard. The judges heard a lot of pitch issues.

Joseph Kohruss, 16
"Hello" by Lionel Richie
Not surprising at all to hear he is classicly trained - just look at him and listen to him talk. Wow, that was just painful. He believes he's so good, and that's what makes it so much more painful. That last note...wow!

Sylvia Lee Walker, 16
Wow, annoying on so many levels! First she talks 100 mph with a fast country accent about her entire life...and she won't shut up! What is she even talking about? And then the yodeling? Yikes! Not good at all. I can't believe she said she's won every yodeling competition she's entered.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: