Wednesday, January 22, 2014

American Idol, Ep. 13.3

Detroit Auditions 

Received Golden Tickets (40):

Keri Lynn Roche, 24
Love the song choice: "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons. She is really cool! I love the rasp in her voice! Some people with the rasp, it's kind of annoying, but I really, really like her rasp. I loved her both with the guitar and without. I love how her personality shows through her performance.

Julian Miller, 18
He has a very interesting look, and doesn't sound the way you would think he would. It was a lot better than what I thought he would. His voice was strong, and he had a really good range.

Paris Primeau, 16
I loved her dynamics, from soft to loud. She has quite the look with the bright pink hair. How is she only 16? Her voice is really, really good.

Olivia Diamond, 22
Decent voice, but she way oversang it, and screamed parts of it. She looks and sounds way older than 22. I was not blown away by her at all. I think she sang loud, but that was about it. I'm not sure why they were so impressed with her.

Malaya Watson, 15
She has such a deep and mature voice for a 15-year-old. I didn't care for the song, but she does have a very good voice.

Brian Watt, 29
Ooh, he is cute! Love him! He has a very awesome country voice! His upper register was so strong. I loved his emotion through the song. It was a really great performance. That made J. Lo go "aw...", and Harry said he was "Superman". I love how they pointed out how smooth his guitar playing was. I was thinking the same thing.

Khristian, D'avis, 22
She has such a pretty speaking accent. You don't notice it when she sings. She started out a little weak, and it didn't really go anywhere after that. It was a little pitchy at the end. I can't believe Harry gave her a 2nd chance after they caught her kind of being fake with her accent. Keith happened to be the voice of reason on that one.

Gina Asciutto, 17

She has an OK voice, but her performance felt a bit clunky, and when she tried for the high notes, it was pretty scratchy. I'm surprised they were so in love with her.

Melanie Porras, 19
I feel like she has a good voice, but I wasn't blown away by the first song choice. But when they had her sing a 2nd song and she did Bon Jovi, it was a lot better. It felt more genuine and I feel like she put more heart and soul into it.

Jade Lathan, 20
Love the Amy Winehouse song choice. I wouldn't have guessed that that's what she would sing. She sang the song exactly how it should be sung. Great performance.

Sarah Scherb, 19
It was good, but very plain and she didn't really stand out.

Sydney Arterbridge, 15
Another horrible song choice. It was OK, but again, nothing to be excited over. The high note that Harry was waiting for...I wouldn't say she nailed it. They all thought she did, but I thought it was screetchy.

Maurice Townsend, 26
He seems like a really good guy. He has 4 kids! He has a very natural talent. It was so good! I didn't care for the song choice, but it was still a great performance!

David Oliver Willis, 22
Love him! I love when people can sing this song well. He was killing it on that guitar. He has a great voice. He tried out last year, but I honestly don't remember him. If he would have sung like that, I'm sure I would have remembered him.

Brandy Neelly, 18
She has a great voice for country. She also auditioned before, and I don't remember her. I kind of remember the name, but not her face or her voice. It was a very pretty performance. I don't know that it stood out, but it was still good.

Ethan Harris, 20
He's a little bit weird, and he's got such a high speaking voice. His voice was really nice, but he was a little rushed and a little boring. He seems like he's only 12 with his voice and the way he looks. Not sure what to think about him.

Symphony Howlett, 24
She had a little too much vibrato and was pretty over-the-top. It was pretty forced. I'm surprised they gave her a 2nd chance, especially when Harry said what she did was annoying.

Leah Guerero, 21
Really, smooth voice. It was pretty good.

Zach Day, 19
A guy singing Amy Winehouse...that's different. It was really good. I liked him. He had a really cool vibe.

Ayla Stackhouse, 17
Great song choice. I really like her. She made it sound so easy. It flowed really nicely, and it was strong and powerful when it needed to be. She had great tone and pitch. She had a lot of confidence and a great personality.

Eric Gordon, 27
Love this John Mayer song. It was a little slow getting started, but when he hit the high notes, that was really good. I wish we could have heard more.

Ryan Nisbett, 24
Whoa, I did not expect that voice! Or that song! He is such an interesting package. Very unique look, and I think I can honestly say I don't think I've ever heard someone else with a voice like his. He had a small note miss, due to either nerves or a cold or something, but the rest of it was really special.

Marrialle Sellers, 17
She was the very first person we saw on the very first show. We saw most of her audition, so I'm not sure why they are showing it again. But I guess it's worth it because she is still one of my favorites that we've seen so far.

Good, but Not Good Enough:

Samantha Furtwengler, 18
She has a pretty voice, but she is pretty timid. I don't think she would have a chance of standing out. Harry was right when he said he didn't think she was ready yet. She has potential, and maybe we'll see her back in a year or two.

Liam Newberry, 18
Wow, those are some bright pants there Liam! Oh, horrible old song choice...sorry, can't stand that song. I think he could have a good voice, but the song just didn't do it for me. He was a bit too rigid for that song.

Blake Soles, 22
We didn't get to hear much, but I kind of liked it.

Xavier Calvillo, 25
Did not like the beard. He had a rocking voice, but it was a bit much.

Not Good At All:

Rakita and Karlita, 19
Yikes...not good at all...either of them. It was really, really painful.

Tony Delbarrio, 29
Whoa, I have never heard that song done badly, but he was bad. The funny thing is, it actually didn't sound half bad when he did it again outside. "I have it now"...he said...haha!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: