Thursday, January 16, 2014

American Idol, Ep. 13.2

Austin Auditions Continued, and San Francisco

Received Golden Tickets (33):

Jesse Roach, 27
She has a very gritty voice and she's very unique. She looks like a rocker with a black guitar and lots of tattoos, but she she also had a lot of soul.

Steven Curd, 18
I really, really like him. He sounds like someone, but I can't think who.

Anna Melvin, 22
Very loud. She was good, but I've heard better. I think she needs to tone it down a little.

Ryan Clark, 23
Very average. I was not impressed at all with the little bit that we got to hear.

Quiandra Boston-Pearsall, 17
Pretty good voice, with a lot of potential.

Megan Miller, 23
Great job on the Carrie Underwood song "Last Name". Very strong and confident. She has a really good tone.

Eric Wood, 28
Good, strong rocker with some soul. Liked it!

Spencer Lloyd, 19
How cool, he's singing Colton Dixon's song! As J. Lo said...he's gorgeous. And he can sing, so double bonus!

Marlon Lindsey, 27
Wow, he was much better than I thought he was going to be. That's some natural talent there.

T. K. Hash, 28
I can't say enough good things about this guy! He starts off with a spot-on impression of Barack Obama, because he looks like him. Then he blew me away by his song choice of Fall Out Boy's "My Song's Know What You Did In The Dark". He added his own twist to it, and it was super good!

McKenna Dennis, ?
We didn't get to see much of her, but I think she was really good.

Tristen Langley, 15
Season 1's Nikki McKibbon, who came in 3rd...he's her son! He was 4 when she was on. Holy crap! I cannot believe she could have a son that old, and that season 1 was so long ago. I loved his song choice of "Santeria". It was so good! Whoa..loved, loved, loved it! Talent definitely runs in the family! Harry actually said no, but J. Lo and Keith said yes.

Taylor Stearns, 21
I liked it, but it wasn't the best of the night. She's got potential though.

John J. Fox, 20
He's worship leader and he's been writing songs since he was 6...wow! He is so good! I loved his version of "To Make You Feel My Love". He sang with a lot of power, but also with a lot of emotion.

Rachel Rolleri, 17

Her voice sounds so mature and so much older than 17. I really liked it. She had a couple of pitchy things, but overall, it was really, really good. She has a very unique voice. She had a very quirky personality, and was very memorable. (Fun note: Keith also said her voice was "mature")

Athena Wilford, 20
She had a big voice, but I didn't care for it that much. Probably because she sang a Whitney song that has been done way too many times, and she didn't do anything different with it. She really seemed to rush the song too, and I thought she might have been flat.

Remi Wolf, 17
Really Good and interesting tone. She reminded me a little bit of Lorde.

MK Nobilette, 20
I'm so confused. Not to be mean, but I think she's a girl...but I'm not 100% sure (and you can't tell by the name either). Voice was decent, but I wasn't impressed.

Emmanuel Zidor, 24
Came in singing on his hands and knees...that was creepy. I wasn't impressed that much with his actual audition song.

Caitlyn Johnson, 15
I expected her to do country, but she had some soul. She does not look or sound 15 at all. I'm a little surprised they were on the fence with her. She almost didn't make it.

David Luning, 26
Another original song. His voice totally doesn't match his look at all. I really liked it. He had some grit to his voice, and I loved the dynamics. I kind of get what the judges were saying about how different he would be for Idol and that he might get swallowed up by the other "singers". I hope he can stand out and continue to be original.

Selena Moreno, 22
Twin of Sierra, who didn't make it. I liked her, and I thought she was very strong. She had a great tone and a good range.

Braina Oakley, 17
She made it to Hollywood last season. I think I remember her. Obviously, she was going to make it through again. Her voice is so powerful, and beautiful.

Rico Perkins, 24
I actually thought this was a joke singing the "Golden Ticket" song from Willy Wonka. I didn't think it was great at all. I can't believe that was good enough to go through.

Aranesa Turner, 20
Really, really boring. She also sang a song from Willy Wonka. I was not impressed at all, and again, I'm surprised that was good enough to go through.

Adam Roth, 28
He sang one of my favorite songs "Hallelujah". I love what he did with it. He had a few unexpected notes that were so cool. I loved it! He's a funny guy and does sound therapy...such a strange compilation of things. I'm a little surprised that they were not completely convinced. Harry said no, but the others said yes.

Good, but Not Good Enough:

Jamiah Malik, 15
Another young kid with an original song. So talented! He has a lot of confidence and a really good stage quality for such a young guy. I'm surprised they didn't take a chance on him.

Sierra Moreno, 22
She was much more reserved than her twin, Selena. She has a beautiful voice, but I think she was too safe and the nerves might have affected her more than Selena.

Just For Laughs:

Grace Anne Field, 27
Ouch. She got the pitch from her phone and even that didn't help. It was very "opera", but I don't think that was intentional.

Rick Rowling, 28
His only purpose for auditioning was to promote his movie career by singing horribly. He was trying to be funny, and bombed big time.

L.J. Hernandez, 23
First of all, he sang a song that's been done way too many times "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. Why he held out the note for like a minute, is beyond me. And then his voice cracked. Wow....not good.

Not Quite Sure:

Ronald Reed, 23
He came in as the biggest goof, but actually sang with a guitar and sat on a stool like he was going to be serious. He started so quiet, and it wasn't good. Then all of a sudden, it sounded kind of decent. He made some weird things with his eyes, and I couldn't tell if he was joking or being serious. I couldn't tell if the judges were liking it or if they were just as confused as I was. Ultimately, they told him he wasn't good enough and he had a pretty big, emotional breakdown.

Gaddy Basil Foster, 26
Wow, what an audition. The judges swooned over his muscles. The hat was ridiculous with that tank top. I could tell right away with his deep speaking voice that his singing voice was going to be crazy. I had flashbacks of the deep voiced guy who sang "Moses" a few seasons ago. That dude hit notes I've never heard before.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: