Thursday, December 13, 2012

X Factor, Ep. 2.20 & 2.21

Tate (Over 25s-L.A.)
His Choice: At least this wasn't the snooze-fest that we heard last week. I like his upbeat stuff much better thsn the slow songs. I know Tate has a ton of fans, but he was pitchy on this song! My ears were hearing notes all over the place...I don't care what anyone else make believes that they hear. And does it seem like all his songs are 15 minutes long. Geesh! Enough already! Thank you for agreeing Britney! At least someone has some good ears.

2nd Song: 2 words in...I'm bored. The song actually isn't that bad...probably one of his better ones. It doesn't matter what he sings...not going to make me a fan. Sorry. Oh and every time he sang "lose" it was way pitchy!

Carly Rose (Teens-Britney)
Her Choice: Very interesting song choice for her...Elton John? That would be the last thing I would think she would pick. I'm not loving this performance. Most of it is in a key too low. This is probably my least favorite performance of hers. The ending got better and she still sounded good, but it was not the right song. I hope this doesn't hurt her. Ok, Demi...this was predictable? Really? And THIS was her favorite? I'm really starting to believe that Demi has no idea what she's talking about.

2nd Song: She is going all out...tackling John Lennon's "Imagine" and playing the piano. She was making some strange faces and it was weird how she was stomping around the stage. That was so odd for her. She sang it amazing though, but I liked the parts with her at the piano the best.

Emblem3 (Groups-Simon)
Their Choice: This is either going to be really good or really bad. I love their version...so it went the "really good" route. It actually really lent itself to their raggae/rap style.

2nd Song: I love "Hey Jude", and I really like their version. I think each of their voices sounded so good on this. They sometimes have some pitch and harmony issues...but this performance was so clean. One of their best!!! Their stage presence was also at an all-time high. This was the bomb!

Fifth Harmony (Groups-Simon)
Their Choice: Oh boy...crazy set, crazy big bow on that girl's head! Awful, awful song choice. I don't like the original snd this song does not work for a group at all. This performance was just painful and it just wouldn't end! I can't believe the judges liked it. Yuck!

2nd Song: I absolutely fell in love with this group when they sang this at Simon's house during the audition stage, and they have never gotten back to that level. Singing this song again definitely took them a step in the right direction. It was 100x better than their first song. It was a little confusing having a couple parts in Spanish, but otherwise it was really good. They always sing this song with so much passion, and yes...harmony!

The Results:
My guess is that Fifth Harmony will be voted out. They've been near the bottom the entire season, so this makes the most sense.

And to prove me completely wrong, they pull a shocker and reveal that Fifth Harmony is safe! What?!? Oh dear...

Next safe is Tate...big surprise.

My next guess is that it has to be Emblem3 going home or there is some horrible mistake. I really didn't imagine them going home before Fifth Harmony and not after "Hey Jude" last night, which was amazing.

And the act going home is: Emblem3!

Boo! It should have been Tate. It should always be Tate. He must not win this.

No comments: