Saturday, December 1, 2012

X Factor, Ep. 2.18 & 2.19

Diamond (Teens-Britney)
Another Whitney song? Ugh... The beginning was a bit awkward and weak, but she quickly recovered. She looked so pretty this week...so grown up. The song seemed to last forever. It was good, but a little boring.

Vino (Over 25s-L.A.)
I hate the way L.A. is handling Vino. He never has the right song to show what he can do. And then he goes and changes the song on him at the last second. Is he trying to get him voted off? And then he changes it to this? Really? "You've Lost That Loving Feeling"? So wrong. He needs to be doing rock ballads like Josh last season. His voice always sounds amazing, but this song isn't going to make people get excited and vote. I did like the way he changed up the end of the song...all except the dumb chorus. Can you tell I hate this song?

Paige (Young Adult-Demi)
I like that Paige knows what she wants to do, but you have to admit that the numbers don't lie. She places higher when she doesn't wear the crazy outfits and go overboard with the staging. I like her look this week, but I'm not crazy about the song. I don't think she nailed the vocals. It was pretty boring to be honest. She hit the big note towards the end, but it was dull otherwise.

Fifth Harmony (Groups-Simon)
They sounded really good on this song! Much better than some of their other performances. I really enjoyed it.

Carly Rose (Teens-Britney)
I say it every week, but I LOVE HER VOICE! I loved how she started out so slow and let the song really build. Simply amazing. Goosebumps. That is all.

Tate (Over 25s-L.A.)
Probably his best song choice. It wasn't quite as bad to tolerate since it was upbeat and he played the guitar for a change. It makes so much of a difference for me when I like the song. By far his best performance, as much as it pains me to admit...

CeCe (Young Adults-Demi)
How is this girl still here? Crying, whining and complaining is not going to make people vote for her. Seriously...just stop. At least this week her song wasn't sad and depressing and she actually smiled during the song. She actually didn't sound too bad either. Much, much, much improved. But, unfortunately, it looks like the flesh-eating disease has reappeared on her face again.

Emblem3 (Groups-Simon)
Really fun, upbeat number. I like how they add their own spin to the songs. It's nice to hear fresh, new takes on songs you've heard hundreds of times. There's no way they can win this show, but I hope they can be successful. Gotta say Demi's criticism is pretty off-base. They might be a tad predictable, but her saying "we know you're going to stand by each other and sing a song." Um...duh! The show is kind of predictable in that way. They are all going to stand there and sing a song!

Results:
Paige received the fewest votes and was eliminated. I don't know how CeCe ended up as Demi's last contestant. Shocking.

Singing for survival: Vino vs Diamond
Wow...I don't even know what to think. Neither deserves to be there. What did I say about L.A. trying to get Vino voted off? Yep...it's happening people. Even though Diamond was eliminated once already, L.A. has dug Vino a big hole, and I don't see him moving on. I just don't think they will give him another chance.

Diamond performed beautifully as usual. It was very strong. Then Vino comes out and sings what he should have sung the night before. It was epic. It was perfect. Such a shame.

The judges all vote to send Vino home except for L.A. Thanks for nothing L.A.

The Rankings:
1. Carly Rose
2. Tate
3. Emblem3
4. Fifth Harmony
5. CeCe
6. Diamond

There is no way he should have beem sent home before CeCe. As much as I love Diamond, the numbers don't lie Vino has been 3rd in votes for 3 weeks straight and Diamond has been in the middle or near the bottom. The judges should have either gone to deadlock or chosen Vino because he has consistently ranked higher.

No comments: