Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Voice, Ep. 3.25

Nicholas - Team CeeLo

1st song, chosen by CeeLo: Same predictable, classic Nicholas. Same crazy, spastic movements on stage. For people who love the oldies, he's a dream.

2nd song, chosen by Nicholas: I'm so tired of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"! Singing it like a jazzy 70s number isn't going to make me like it. He does get major points for changing the song and making it unique in a way we've never heard it before...that I did like.

Cassadee - Team Blake

1st song, chosen by Blake: I kind of wish he would stop pushing country on her, because that's not really her. BUT it doesn't matter what she gets because she is completely awesome! I love that she made the country song sound not country. One of her best performances yet! And those high notes at the end? Goosebumps!

2nd song, chosen by Cassadee: Her dream song. Avril Lavigne is perfect for her, because she sounds so similar to her. I would have liked to see her change the song a little instead of copying it, but it was really good as usual.

Amanda -Team Adam

1st song, chosen by Amanda: Oh my gosh, if I never heard "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" again, it wouldn't be long enough. That song is so old and it's been done a gazillion times. What matters though, is that she sang it amazingly and she rocked it. But, man, I hate that song!

2nd song, chosen by Adam: Slightly odd song choice...but only if you didn't know that Amanda can rock with the best of them. I actually think it's a great song choice. She is at her best when she's rocking out! This did not disappoint! That girl can scream like nobody's business! Somebody needs to tell Christina to pay attention. They only said she was singing a Whitesnake song like 10 times, and Christina asks "Was that a Whitesnake song?".

Terry - Team Blake

1st song, chosen by Terry: I really like this song, and he's going to be amazing. I love his stripped down, piano version. It was really pretty! (I know, just what a classic rock male singer wants to hear.)

2nd song, chosen by Blake: Look at him having so much fun! I love it!

Trevin - Team CeeLo

1st song, chosen by CeeLo: Wow, that's an odd song choice. It actually turned out better than I thought it would. It was a much better attempt at a higher energy song than the Usher song he did a couple weeks ago. It was nice to see him have fun, because he always performs such serious, sad songs.

2nd song, chosen by Trevin: Oh how I loathe this song! Again, another song that's been done way, way too many times. It's also a pet peeve for a guy to sing it...don't know why. However, Trevin's got a gift and he sang it well. He just exploded at the end.

Melanie - Team Adam

1st song, chosen by Adam: CeeLo's "Crazy"...should be interesting. I never really know what to think about Melanie. I've decided that I just really don't like the tone of her voice. Sometimes she sounds like when you have a cold and you go to say something and nothing comes out but air. It's just annoying. And what is her deal with Christina? I know she keeps talking about the set more than her performance, but the least she can do is not look completely annoyed while she is talking.

2nd song, chosen by Adam: Thank you Adam, I love this song. Lenka is awesome. Now let's listen to Melanie ruin the song for me. Adam is smart, he put all kinds of moving props all over the stage to distract you from her wobbly vocals. I do have to say it was nice to see her not looking so sad and depressed during the song. Even though it wasn't great and it can't compare to any of the other singers at all...it might be her best performance (that's just sad). Haha more annoyance as Christina is praising the set production and doing her own singing to show her what songs she should be singing. Ok...I would be annoyed too. And one last thought...her updated hair which is now blue and black instead of blonde and black...is she displaying how she's feeling? Beat up and black and blue?

No comments: