Wednesday, January 7, 2015

American Idol, Ep.14.1

We're back for another season! I'm looking forward to it!

Whoa, and right off the bat, they are changing the game! The Top 24 are going to sing for us. We're supposed to get to know them, fall in love with them, and watch them start their journey. Very interesting approach indeed. Just the first change of many, I'm sure.

And then...they all sing, but they are in the dark and we can't see any of their faces yet. Is that all we are going to get to see of them? That was just a big fat lie, unless they're going to show us more on future audition episodes.

Let's get started with the first group going to Hollywood!

Nashville Auditions - Going to Hollywood

Riley Bria, 17
Great voice, and plays guitar, so he gets 2 points from me! He's already has one foot in the door because he previously played guitar with Keith Urban at an awards show. Plus, he sang one of Keith's songs.

Priscilla Barker, 19
What a southern twang she has. She is so cute and bubbly, but she's got a really strong voice.

Cameron Beddell, 25
Ooh, I love his voice! It's got a little rasp to it. He's got a great range too, and I loved his groove and style.

Amber Kelechi Walker, 15
One question, why was there a piano player assisting her? This is all supposed to be a cappella or them playing their own music, like with a guitar. Is that something new this year? Back to Amber...she was OK...a lot of attitude but I wasn't all that impressed.

Kory Wheeler, 26
He's got potential. I really wanted to love him, but I just don't know. He was good, but I've heard better. The judges really loved him though.

Michael Simeon, 20
I love this Sam Smith song...great choice! I really like this kid! He's got a great tone. I loved his little high notes...I just loved everything about him! Brave guy then asks Keith to play his guitar and wants to dance with J. Lo...and they all played along! Harry even went over to the piano and they all just had a nice little moment. Haha!

Emily Brooke, 15
I love this Carrie Underwood song...great choice for her! I really like her voice a lot! Her vibrato was really cool. She sounds so mature for her age, but yet she sounds 15 at the same time.



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: