Thursday, January 8, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.2

Nashville Auditions #2 -- Going to Hollywood

Andrew Annello, 22
Talk about an over-the-top personality! He is oozing with confidence and character. His singing was OK, but I agree with Keith and Harry that he was kind of just doing a silly character. And then when they asked him to sing something serious, he did just that. He's not the best I've ever heard, but he was decent. He needs to learn how to tone it down a notch.

Lauren Lott, 21
She sings like she's 13. I didn't expect that, it was kind of odd. She seems so immature. I found her voice a little annoying because it was so babyish. And then there's the piano accompaniment again...I am not loving that addition this season...seems like it's cheating. And then they told her to sing again and not be an actress, and holy moly, she sounded different! Wow...that was crazy. It just proved that she was kind of putting on an act...she did say she was an actress after all. I'm not crazy about the multiple personalities she seems to have. I'm glad Harry didn't fall for her act...too bad Keith and J. Lo did.

Trevor Douglas, 16
Love this kid! He's quirky and funny, but most of all, he can sing like nobody's business! He did an incredible job on Ed Sheeran's "Sing". I didn't think anyone could sing it any faster than the original, but he was like on warp speed! Incredible! Not only was his singing really good, but his guitar playing was amazing too. I love his adorable dorky glasses, and I think he's probably really even better looking under the glasses. His personality is so adorable! I think he reminds me a little bit of Jesse McCartney...especially as his dorky character on the show Young & Hungry.

Piper Jones, 24
Whoa, did the windows just shatter? Her voice could bring the house down. It was so powerful, but being powerful at that high pitch can get really annoying, really fast. But, you could definitely tell that she had an amazing voice...even if it was a little on the annoying side.

Kelley Kime, 23

I really like her. She isn't over-the-top, she just sings beautifully. I loved her song choice of Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning". I loved the way she sang it. So, so, so good. AND she has the most adorable daughter who sang the cutest version of Frozen's "Let It Go". Oh. My. Goodness! Cuteness overload. Luckily they both got tickets to Hollywood.

Garrett Miles, 25
I didn't know if I was going to like him or not, but I was kind of digging it! I had never heard that version of "Proud Mary" before, and I have to say it's better than the Tina Turner version for sure. I like his voice.  And then he pulls out a song from J. Lo's movie Selena, "Como La Flor". Now, I really like him!!

Clark Beckham, 22
Oh my goodness, I love him! That voice, his look, those blue eyes...he's got it all. He reminds me a little bit of one of my favorite singers, Tyler Hilton. I could listen to this guy sing forever. I want more please!!! I can't believe the judges didn't love him. Thank goodness he still made it!

Gina Venier, 24
The one-woman-band. Loving it! She had a drum she kicked with her foot and drummed with her fingers and a shaker in her hand. And then her voice was so incredible! She picked the absolute perfect song: ZZ Ward's "Put the Gun Down". That was like the perfect audition. And she has a cool personality too. She could be seen as a little cocky and maybe a little annoying, but if she learns to pace herself and reign herself in a little, look out! Wow...so loved that performance...I want to see more!!!

Alex Shier, 19
Where do these guys keep coming from? I LOVE HIM TOO! I didn't know the song he was singing, but I didn't care, because he made me love it! I can't believe I don't remember him from last season. I wonder if we got to see his audition? We got another good one to watch with him.

Cody Fry, 24
Interesting song choice of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", but he did a really cool version of it. Oh my, that high note that he held forever! Normally, this song kind of bores me because we've heard it so many times, but he made it so interesting. I loved his vibe. He seems like a really fun guy, and a little quirky and goofy. I'm learning that I really have a problem...I just can't resist a guy with a guitar.

Hector Montenegro, 24
Another guy with a guitar, and another guy I am now in love with (his voice, any way). I love when people do this song with the guitar. His voice is incredible. So clear and strong. He has absolutely perfect tone and pitch.

Serena Joi Crow, 19
She's tried out 4 times...I think this is her time because she's really good! I'm not sure why she didn't make it the other 3 times. I liked her runs, and they were really controlled and not overdone. Maybe she's just matured a lot...she's still so young yet at 19.

Alison Peratikos, 19
Beautiful voice. We didn't get to see a whole lot of her audition, but I liked what I heard.

Jake Black, 26
Great beat boxer! And great singer too. He seems like he's got a very funny personality.

Steffi Ledbetter, 20
I love "Back to Black" and her voice sounded so pretty doing that song. Her high notes and that run at the end were so good!

Savion Wright, 22
YES, YES, YES! Savion is back!!!! I was devastated when he didn't make it to the Top 24...he was so close! I loved him and I am so glad he is back! I'm not a fan of his song choice, but I still love him any way. He's still the same talented guy he was last year. Hopefully this will be his year!

Kansas City Auditions - Going to Hollywood

Zack Kaltenbach, 22
Went to David Cook's high school, so I like him already. I don't like that he had the guy accompanying him on the piano and kept having to ask for his note. But once he started singing, it was really good. It was a little on the boring side though. Harry said it was "flat" and that's a very good description of what it was.

Naomi Tasuoka, 24
She doesn't need the weird, awkward sense of humor, because her voice is really good! She really didn't need to get on the floor and sing from her knees, she could have just stood there like a normal person. Wait, I take that back, because when she stood up, she got extremely loud, and very over-the-top. In the future, she should always sing on her knees. When she stood up, she just tried to do way too much with the song, things the song didn't need. She could have blown the roof right off the place.

Jhameel, 24
I didn't think I would like him (because of the weird face paint), but he's got something really cool! I like his version of that T-Pain song...very cool! The story about the face paint was very interesting, and I would really like to see more of him.

Lovey James, 16
Who has a stage name already at 16? She has prior stage experience, but I wasn't overly impressed. She definitely sounded her age. She was good, but I don't think she was very original (contrary to what Keith thought). I thought she pretty much sounded like a carbon copy of Ariana Grande's version.

Jess Lamb, 28
Not digging her look at all. She has the first solo piano audition...because apparently that's allowed now. I liked parts of what she did, but other parts were really annoying. I liked the bluesy style, but I didn't like the way she over-pronounced some of her words and I didn't like some of the over-the-top stuff. I'm really on the fence as to whether I like her or not. If she's going to sing that style all the time, she won't end up being one of my favorites, because I really am not into the blues.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: