Thursday, January 29, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.8

San Francisco Auditions #8 - Going to Hollywood

Adanna Duru, 17
Wow, I'm really impressed! I didn't expect her to be that good. I actually really, really liked her voice and how she performed "You and I" by Lady Gaga. It was a little bit much at the end, but otherwise, I liked it.

Hunter Larson, 20
Frank Sinatra? Really? Nice, strong voice, but not a standout. Not very memorable, except for the Willy Wonka tatoo on her stomach. I find it ironic that J. Lo specifically said she was "memorable". I don't agree.

Tara Honda, 22
Very interesting girl. I hated the song choice, but her voice was really good.

Daniel Seavey, 15
Someone check his age, because I think he might only be 11. He sang one of my favorite songs on the piano, "Hallelujah" and then another great version of "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul on the guitar. Whoa. He's got a lot of work to do with his changing voice, but there were some really nice moments. You can tell he's talented...I mean he listed like 100 different instruments that he can play. He's gonna have to do a lot of work between this audition and Hollywood week, or I think he's going to be eaten alive. I like him, so I'm hoping he can pull it together.

Rocky Peter, 27
What a heartbreaking story. You just want to root for this guy. His original song was really nice. I didn't care for the extremely long high notes, but the rest of it was really good. His joy when he got the yeses was incredible to watch. He's very inspiring.

Jaq Mackenzie, 15
Not impressed with her original song at all. I don't think she's that great. For some reason, it didn't really sound like singing. They put her through even though she may not be ready. I would have passed on her. I didn't really see her as "an artist in the making" like they did.

Tyanna Jones, 16
As the last audition of Season 14, you knew they were going to be putting her through. I thought she was OK, but I wasn't really impressed. I didn't care for the sound of her voice.

Next week is Hollywood Week!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: