Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.23

Semi-Final Results & Wildcard

For the first time in The Voice history, all eliminated singers will sing again, and one of them will have the chance to re-enter the competition. This will either be a good thing (if it is Ryan) or a bad thing (if it is anyone else).

3 singers advance, and 1 will come back...who will it be? I don't know, but it better be Matt, Chris, Craig in the top 3.

Going through are: Chris, Craig, Matt!!!! Woohoo!!!!

I can't believe that all 3 I wanted to make it, did! That never happens! There's usually at least one in there that I don't like at all. So, this is awesome! I'm really worried about the Wild Card though....I really, really, really hope it's not Danica, Anita or Sugar. How fitting that Adam and Blake again show their strength and knowledge of music and talent, as they slay the other 2 coaches yet again.

The Wildcard won't be announced until tomorrow morning. Crossing my fingers and voting a bunch for Ryan!

Wildcard Performances

Reagan (Team Blake) -- OK, and better than some of her last performances, but she still isn't back to where she was at the beginning of the competition.

Jessie (Team Blake) -- Love the song and she sounds a lot like the original. But, she didn't sing my favorite part, therefore, it was just OK.

Ryan (Team Gwen) -- I wish he would have done a different song, but I think he did a really good job with this. Still rooting for him to come back.

Anita (Team Gwen) -- Ugh! Why do we have to listen to her again? This was a pretty good song choice, but I hated what she did with it by adding all the scatting.

Taylor (Team Gwen) -- Another good song choice for him...I just wish he wasn't so boring. I like his voice, but he needs to add something to his performance. I liked his high falsetto note until he started coming down and it sounded like he was crying...and not in a good way.

Damien (Team Adam) -- Love this song, and this was a great one for him! It's a dramatic song, but not really a sad song, like what he tends to do a lot. Very nicely done.

Sugar (Team Pharrell) -- I absolutely love this song, and this was a pretty good choice for her. I would say she did Amy Winehouse proud. I still don't care for her overused vibrato though. She had some really impressive moments in this performance. If she would have performed that well in the competition she probably wouldn't have been eliminated.

Luke (Team Pharrell) -- Another great song choice (not sure what's gotten into all these singers tonight!). If he would have sang songs like this in his time on the show, I definitely would have been on the Luke bandwagon. I've always loved his voice, I've just hated his song choices. Tonight he actually picked a really good song, and his performance was amazing.

Danica (Team Pharrell) -- Of course they give her the last spot...don't be fooled people, she is not the one who should go through, they just want to think she is by having her sing last. Yes, she sang fine, but those low notes were atrocious. Remember that when thinking she was so great because she sang so loud and did a bunch of runs.

UPDATE: the Wildcard winner has been announced, and the winner is...

Damien!!

I'm definitely OK with that, and I'm happy for him. He joins his other Team Adam teammates, and Adam's team, again, is completely intact. That's crazy!

The final 4 for the finale are:

Team Adam

Matt McAndrew
Chris Jamison
Damien

Team Blake

Craig Wayne Boyd

Team Gwen

no one

Team Pharrell

no one


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: