Monday, December 5, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.20 & 11.21

Live Playoffs: Top 8

Team Adam

Brendan - "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan
He had an amazing week last week. This could be a great follow-up to that. I'm glad he's sticking with this lane rather than the week he tried to go back to his rocker roots (didn't love that). He started out a little unsure sounding. Something seemed a little disjointed between the music and his singing. Not sure what it was. He just didn't seem to be owning it. He looked a little uncomfortable. He did finally start getting into it at the chorus.
My Grade: B+

Josh - "Danny's Song" by Loggins and Messina
This is quite different from what we usually see from Josh. I actually kind of liked it. It was a nice change of pace. I think his voice really sounded good.
My Grade: A-

Billy - "I Surrender" by Celine Dion
Love this song. I just love what Adam has been able to do with him. He just gets better every week - which doesn't even seem possible. So beautiful, kind of haunting, tons of power, and spot-on pitch. He closed out the show with such an epic production. Can we say 'winner'? I hope so!
My Grade: A++

Team Alicia

Christian - "To Worship You I Live" by Israel and New Breed
I'm not sure what to say about this performance. It was good, but it wasn't my favorite. I love his message and passion, though. Vocally, it was a bit too strained and over-the-top.
My Grade: B

 - "Scars to Your Beautiful" by Alessia Cara
I love this song and I think it's perfect for her. Another very strong performance that makes her seem way beyond her years. She was rocking the song as if it were her own.
My Grade: A

Team Blake

Sundance - "Love Can Build a Bridge" by The Judds
Very nice and tender performance. A complete opposite to his performance last week, but a nice change of pace. He really knocked it out of the park at the end. Wow, such a huge voice. This might be my favorite performance of his.
My Grade: A+

Team Miley

Ali - "I Will Always Love You" by Dolly Parton (and Whitney Houston)
Beautiful performance. Her voice really sounded amazing. She just floated through the notes. This is one of my favorite performances from her. Such a perfect song for her. She had the strength of Whitney, but she made subtle differences that made it her own. She totally nailed the big chorus that everyone knows this song for. It was a huge moment for her.
My Grade: A+

Aaron - "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams
Love this song. I hope he can have a nice moment with it. And maybe, just maybe, he won't be in the bottom for the 4th week in a row. I don't know why, but this song always brings tears to my eyes. I love how he started the song. I think this might be the most comfortable he's looked on a song in awhile. He was actually showing some emotion that seemed really genuine. I like that he dialed back the gravelly sound - it really suited the song just the way he did it. This is one of my favorite performances of his, by far! Totally getting some goosebumps as the music ramps up. His voice wavered a little on the really big note towards the end, but I think he was just really in the emotion, so it's excusable. He kind of had a weird shaking moment at the end, but overall, this was pretty great.
My Grade: A-

Duets

Aaron & Wé - "Four Five Seconds" by Rihanna
Interesting pairing. Their voices couldn't be more different. Their voices kind of competed with each other rather than complimenting each other. It was OK, but not my favorite.
My Grade: B+

Sundance & Josh - "Feeling Alright" by Joe Cocker
This seems like a pretty obvious pairing. Sundance is just in a different league than Josh. Josh is a pretty typical country guy. Sundance at least brings something different to the table. I do think that by singing together, it did up Josh's game a little bit. I still think that Sundance kind of wiped the floor with him.
My Grade: B+

Billy & Christian - "Unsteady" by X Ambassadors
Yes! Awesome song choice! Love it! Oh, the harmonizing at the beginning! Goosebumps! And the goosebumps just aren't stopping! Oh Billy, that voice! Duets like this are why I love the Battle Round the most of all the rounds in the competition. They always bring out the best performances. This was so good!
My Grade: A+

Ali & Brendan - "It's Only Love" by Bryan Adams and Tina Turner
Wow, this was amazing! I love them together! They're very different, but they fit together very nicely. Great song choice that complimented them both.
My Grade: A+

Results

We go from 8 to 4 tonight, wow! OK, so the shoo-ins are: Billy, Sundance, and Wé. That leaves 1 spot. It will most likely be either Christian or Josh, but I would like to see either Ali, Brendan, or Aaron.

So, I was 100% correct, as Billy, Sundance, and Wé were the 3 to automatically advance without needing to sing for the 1 and only save tonight.

Bottom 2 Going Home: Aaron (Team Miley), Brendan (Team Adam)
Performing for the Save: Josh (Team Adam), Ali (Team Miley), Christian (Team Alicia)
Christian picked one of my all time most hated songs, and I don't think he sang it all that great. Ali killed it! She needs to be in the final! Josh was just "meh" for me as usual.

Having Ali in the final would be very fitting because she would represent Miley, so all the coaches would have someone in the final. But, alas, the numbers on the screen are overwhelmingly for Josh :( At least Ali is coming in 2nd...

Instant Save: Josh (Team Adam)
Going Home: Christian (Team Alicia), Ali (Team Miley)

Final 4: Billy (Team Adam), Sundance (Team Blake), Wé (Team Alicia), Josh (Team Adam)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: